Republicans pulling for Packers, Democrats cheer for Steelers
- The results show that Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is the most disliked player going into Sunday’s game and the fourth most disliked player in the league — behind Brett Favre, Michael Vick and Tom Brady. <!–more Continue reading for details on the political part of the survey–>
- Considering the four teams that played in the NFC and AFC Conference Championship games, the majority of Americans believe the Steelers-Packers matchup will make for the best Super Bowl this year.
- According to the survey’s findings, this dream matchup will also be broadcast on American’s top choice for network. The majority of Americans say Fox does the best job of broadcasting NFL games and most pick Fox as the network on which they would most like to see the game.
- Americans are rooting for the Packers (45% to 39% over the Steelers), but there are big discrepancies along race and party. The findings show that Democrats and non-whites are rooting for the Steelers, while Republicans and whites are pulling for the Packers.
- 7 in 10 say they watch the Super Bowl for the game, not the ads, including the majority of females (60%). — Hollywood Reporter